2018 ALLURE BEST OF BEAUTY LIST: MY RECOMMENDATIONS


Allure recently released their annual list of the best beauty products. It includes 100s of products; from makeup, skincare, nails, brushes, and more from all price ranges. The list can be a bit overwhelming to go through since there are dozens of products included in each category, so I wanted to narrow down the list and share some of my favorites they included this year. I haven't tried a lot of what was on their list, but the ones I have I absolutely love, as well. Enjoy!

Flower Beauty Flower Pots Powder Blush // $9.99


This blush gives such a pretty natural flush of color to the cheeks and blends seamlessly into the skin. Both the product formulation and the packaging are so well done and high quality. The flower imprint also adds such a cute touch to the product. Flower Beauty is one of my favorite brands! 

Shade I love:
Wild Rose

Check out my full review here!

Stila Glitter & Glow Liquid Eyeshadow // $24.00


This product makes applying glitter shadow easy and mess-free. It is so sparkly and pigmented in just one swipe. It also lasts all day on the lid without any creasing or flaking off. Stila Glitter & Glow Liquid Eyeshadows are one of the best liquid shadows on the market!

If you're looking for a $5 dupe that is nearly the exact same, click here to read my post from a few months ago comparing it to Wet n Wild's Liquid Catsuit Eyeshadow! 

Shade I love:
Kitten Karma

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Circles Treatment Concealer // $9.99




This is one of the best concealers I've ever used! It looks so weightless and natural on the skin, while also fully covering up any blemishes. It also doesn't look cakey or accentuate any dry patches on my skin, either. 

CoverGirl Lash Blast Volume // $8.99


I never personally tried this mascara, but this is my mom's favorite. She said it lasts all day and gives a very voluminous effect to the lashes. To add length to the lashes, she also adds a coat of the CoverGirl Clump Crusher mascara!

Sally Hansen XTreme Wear Nail Color // $2.49




This is my all-time favorite nail polish line. They have the best selection of shades for such a great price, especially in comparison to a lot of other brands. I don't use a base coat or a top coat and the polish wears for about a week and a half without chipping. I typically only need to apply one coat to have full color opacity. It is truly the best! 

I have repurchased the shades "Golden-I" and "Strobe Light" at least 5 times by now - they make the best rose gold nail combo! My other all-time favorites are "Mauve Over" and "Red-ical Rockstar".

Shades I Love:
Golden-I (gold metallic)
Strobe Light (pink/gold glitter)
Red-ical Rockstar (bright red)
Bare it All (tan nude)
Mauve Over (dusty pink)
With the Beet (deep plum)
Rockstar Pink (purple and blue glitter)
Sunkissed (bright tangerine)
Black Out (dark black)

Chapstick Total Hydration Moisture & Tint // $2.99



This is one of the most moisturizing and long lasting lip balms I've tried. I've only tried the coconut flavor, but I'm assuming it's the same formula as the tinted ones. I find this to be way better than the classic tubes of Chapstick - this one actually moisturizes your lips for hours and doesn't feel waxy. I didn't expect to love this Chapstick as much as I did!



To read the entire Allure Best of Beauty 2018 list: click here


*Credit to Allure for all photos used in this post*

Comment your thoughts below! Thanks for reading!

-Melissa

follow me!

Comments

  1. Love these picks for beauty products. Big plus when there's a cheaper alternative (dupes) that does the job. I am a total sucker for that nail polish shade! Thanks for sharing!

    Nancy ♥ exquisitely.me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading and taking the time to comment, Nancy! I always love finding a good dupe for high-end makeup products, too! :)

      Delete
  2. A lot of interesting products! Thanks for sharing!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to try this concealer from Maybelline ♥

    londonkidx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should! Thanks for reading, Wiktoria! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

MY FAVORITE RED LIPSTICKS

eternal sunshine by Ariana Grande // Album Review

SAFIYA NYGAARD x COLOURPOP COLLECTION REVIEW 🦇♥

2018 Makeup Favorites

GUTS by Olivia Rodrigo // Album Review