2019 WINTER BEAUTY FAVORITES


In today's post I'm going to be sharing some of my favorite and most-used makeup products of the past few months - Enjoy!

"Glitz" // Kylie Cosmetics Super Glitter Gloss // $15


Kylie Cosmetics makes some of my favorite liquid lipsticks, so I was excited to finally try one of their lip glosses. I have the shade "Glitz" which is a beautiful peach with gold glitter. I've tried a lot of glitter-based glosses and this is one of the best formulas I've used (my all time favorite is the Flower Beauty Galaxy Glaze). The glitter doesn't feel gritty when applied on the lips and the pigment applies evenly. "Glitz" looks so pretty on it's own but if you're looking for a more toned down look, I also love to mix it in with other glosses or apply it on top of lipstick. 

Now that Kylie Cosmetics is sold at Ulta, I definitely want to try out more products from the brand so leave me some recommendations in the comment section below!

"Sailor" // Colourpop Super Shock Shadow // $5


Colourpop's Super Shock Shadows were the first product I ever tried from the brand a few years ago and they have been an essential in my makeup collection ever since. I recently bought the shade "Sailor" at Ulta and have loved using it. This shade can be worn on it's own for a light pop glitter, but I personally love to use it as an eyeshadow topper to completely transform the shade underneath. It looks beautiful on top of any eyeshadow look - epsecially gold, green or blue! "Sailor" has a light beige base that is filled with multicolored glitters which adds so much dimension on the eyelids. It's hard to capture how unique this shade is in photos, but it's such a stunning shade in person. I can't recommend it enough!


Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer // $7.99


I've been looking for the perfect drugstore concealer for a long time and the Maybelline Age Rewind has been working so well for me over the past few months. I have very dry skin, so it's been really difficult for me to find a concealer that doesn't accentuate any of the texture or dry patches on my face. This concealer has medium coverage with a natural finish, which is just enough to cover up imperfections without looking too heavy on the skin. 

One of the only problems I have with this product is shade range. I have "Ivory", the lightest shade sold in stores, which is still too dark for my fair skin. There is the same problem for the lack of darker shades, as well. I hope Maybelline expands the shade range soon because this is a great concealer for a low price. 

"Scammer" // Urban Outfitters Nail Polish // $5


The polish pictured above is called "Scammer" which looks like an oil slick on the nails - when it hits the light a certain way it can look blue, purple, or dark green. I love to top this shade with an iridescent glitter top coat, which brings out the reflectivity even more. This nail polish isn't necessarily my favorite based ♡on the formula and longevity, but this is such a cool shade that is hard to find elsewhere. 

At Urban Outfitters there's dozens of unique shades to choose from at a low price - plus there's usually a 3 for $10 sale going on too! I highly recommend checking these polishes out if you're looking for colors you can't find anywhere else!


Thanks for reading! Be sure to leave a comment below sharing your thoughts on the products I mentioned today and let me know some of your winter favorites!

-Melissa ♡ 

Comments

Popular Posts

GUTS by Olivia Rodrigo // Album Review

Tragic Kingdom by No Doubt // Newbury Comics Exclusive Rainbow Vinyl

ARIANA GRANDE GOD IS A WOMAN FRAGRANCE REVIEW

SAFIYA NYGAARD x COLOURPOP COLLECTION REVIEW 🦇♥

Deeper Well by Kacey Musgraves // Album Review