2019 GRAMMYS: BEST DRESSED

In today's post I'm going to be sharing my favorite red carpet looks from this year's Grammy Awards & some of my thoughts on the show! Enjoy!

Cardi B


Lady Gaga


Camila Cabello


Post Malone


Kylie Jenner & Travis Scott


Dua Lipa


Miley Cyrus



Kacey Musgraves


Shawn Mendes


Janelle Monaé


Ariana Grande


The best parts of the show, in my opinion, were the performances. My favorite of the night was Lady Gaga's rock rendition of "Shallow". I would've loved to see her perform it with Bradley Cooper, but hopefully they will at the Oscars in a few weeks! "Shallow" also won the award for Best Pop Duo/Group performance, which was so well deserved. Lady Gaga gave such a beautiful and genuine acceptance speech, as well.

Another favorite was Kacey Musgrave's performance of "Rainbow". I saw her live last summer in NYC when she opened for Harry Styles and she sounded great. I'm not really a fan of country music, but I have enjoyed listening to her latest album. She also won the biggest award of the night for Album of the Year, which was kind of a surprising at first, but I like that they gave it to someone different than the same 3 or 4 artists who win every award. I noticed that overall there was more diversity in the show when it came to who won some of the biggest awards of the night, especially in comparison to last year. 

I also loved Camila Cabello's opening performance of "Havana". I thought it was one of her best live performances of the song that I've seen.

An unexpected pairing that I actually loved was Shawn Mendes and Miley Cyrus' performance of "In My Blood". They make very different types of music, but I love the way they sounded together. I hope they release music together in the future! 

Dua Lipa won for Best New Artist, which was who I was rooting for. The Grammy's have made many questionable choices for the winner of this award in the past, but I definitely think they got this one right. I've been listening to Dua Lipa for about 2 years and I have loved every song she has put out so far. If you've only ever heard her radio hits, I recommend checking out her full album - it's incredible!

Someone who I would've loved to see win is Mac Miller for Best Rap Album. Cardi B had so much success last year for her album Invasion of Privacy, but it would've been the perfect opportunity commemorate him for his final record. I heard that the producers of the show even flew in his family from Pittsburgh to accept the award on his behalf and to show a tribute video, just for the Academy to not even choose his album. That was a missed opportunity to properly honor his legacy on such a highly-viewed program. 

A few artists were notably missing from this year's show. One being Ariana Grande, who won Best Pop Vocal Album for Sweetener. I would've loved to have seen her perform at the show, as well - especially since she has so much new music that she hasn't performed live yet. She posted pictures of what she was going to wear to the show, which is why I still put her in the list of best dressed artists of the night. Another person who I would've loved to see at the show was Taylor Swift. She hasn't done really any appearances since Reputation was released, so I wasn't too surprised she didn't attend the show. Reputation also wasn't nominated for as much as I thought it would be - same with Sweetener - but I think they were both worthy of an Album of The Year nomination. Childish Gambino also wasn't at there, which is surprising since he was nominated for several of the major awards. "This is America" was a huge song last year, and would've made such a memorable performance on the show. 

Thanks for reading! Be sure to share your thoughts in the comment section below and subscribe so you never miss a post! 

-Melissa


To read my reviews of my favorite albums of 2018 - click here


I've done a few other posts in the past like this so if you're interested here's a list of direct links to check them out! 






2018 CELEBRITY HALLOWEEN COSTUMES



Photo Sources:
New York Times
Evening Standard
E!
@dualipa on Instagram
@arianagrande on Instagram 

Comments

Popular Posts

MY FAVORITE RED LIPSTICKS

eternal sunshine by Ariana Grande // Album Review

2018 Makeup Favorites

SAFIYA NYGAARD x COLOURPOP COLLECTION REVIEW 🦇♥

COLOURPOP x DISNEY DESIGNER COLLECTION REVIEW